Me, the Writer

Prior to this course, I thought of myself as a really good and polished writer. But I soon realized that I actually wasn’t as good as everybody else. I needed a lot of practice. When I heard others share their writings during class, I was just taken aback by how beautifully everybody could write. It made me kind of insecure of my own writing because, honestly I am not a really good writer. Ideas and words don’t come to me easily. It takes time. Throughout the course though, I learned so much about my own writing, and writing in general. I feel like I’ve grown a lot as a writer. I’ve come a long way since the semester started. I can proudly say that I have become a better writer now. I’m not really a creative person, but when I write, I mostly write about my feelings, and I’m actually pretty good at pouring them down on a piece of paper. So I write about my feelings, and my writings are mostly on love. The base and style of my writing is poetry. I can’t really write in paragraphs. I kind of suck at it. I only feel my writing when it is in the form of poetry, even if it’s a short story. One advice I would like to give to all those people, who want to be good writers is, write, write and write. Whatever you’re feeling at the heat of the moment, just write it down. Relax, take a deep breath and start writing. You’ll be surprised to see what all is going on in your mind, when you once read it, and trust me that feeling you get after reading what you wrote, is the best feeling ever.

Me, the Blogger

About a year ago, I had started my own blogging site under the name ‘SaorsaBlogs’. I wrote a lot on that site, but after a while, I just stopped writing. I don’t know why but I didn’t have the motivation or inspiration to write. Somehow, I just lost it. This is why i took up creative writing. I wanted to find my lost voice. So instead of writing on that site, I made a new website, and started everything from scratch. I’ve grown so much as a person, that I needed a fresh start. I really love how my blog looks, and the kind of blogs I have up. It really feels like my happy place now. I can post whatever I want without having people judging me, which was one of my biggest fears when I first started posting stuff. I will for sure, continue writing on this site, because it has become a part of me that I can’t live without. Blogging is like this getaway for me. I will also continue to read all my friends blogs as well, because they all are great writers, and without them I don’t think I could have become a good writer. their writings have impacted my writings in a lot of shapes and forms. I will never stop reading them.

Me, the Student

This class was one of the best classes I’ve ever had. It was like this getaway for me, from all this stress that I had accumulated from all these years, honestly. Like I’m not even kidding. Writing is a stress-busting activity for me. Mrs. Hunniset’s advices and lessons have a huge part in shaping the writer I am today. One of my favorite, or I’d rather say “Aha” moments from class was the time when she Mrs. Hunniset mad us close our eyes, she narrated a little story, and made us write on it. At the end, she told us what the symbols from the story symbolized, and I was actually taken aback by what I had written, and how those symbols narrated my life story, because in my mind I thought I was writing a creative piece, as opposed to real life experiences and feelings. That is one of my best memories so far from class. Apart from that, visiting Bow View Manor, was a high point in my life. It made me realize that life is too short to be worrying about what others think of me, instead I should think of what I think of myself, and what matters to me, because at the end we all will end up in these elderly homes, and there the only thing we will have is our life story to talk about. So I want to make sure I have an awesome one, not a sad, boring one.

My reading rate has dropped, and that makes me really sad. But to make up for it, I am taking English 20-1 over the break, and I also have some great books in line, that I want to read. But one of the best books I read this semester was a simple one, but is definitely my favorite. It was “The Sun and her Flowers”, by Rupi Kaur. She is a fantastic writer. Her poems are beautiful. I just can’t get over how relatable her writing is. The book literally touched my heart. She is a huge inspiration. I’m planning to write more poems inspired by her writings, in the future, and I am taking creative writing again, because I learnt so much about myself in this class. Creative Writing is one such class, where I get to be myself, and do the thing that I like the most.

Me, the Fan

I am honestly a fan of every single person in the class. Everyone works so hard, and everybody’s writings are so different and beautiful. Each person in the class has impacted me, and my writing in many different ways. During one of the Writer’s Seminar on Shane Koyczan, I got to know about Spoken-word poetry. I had never heard of it before. But I was so inspired by his poems and voice, that I made an attempt to write a spoken-word poem myself, and I’m actually really happy with the way it turned out. I am a huge fan of Shane Koyczan now. Like I feel his poems with all my heart.

Here’s a link to my emulation piece: https://theblackallure.edublogs.org/2018/06/17/a-dream-come-true/

I am a fan of everybody in my class, as I mentioned before. But there are a few people whose blogs just really stood out to me. Firstly, I’m going to talk about Melody’s work. She is such a great writer, like it’s mesmerizing how in just a few seconds she can come up with such beautiful stuff. Her personality is reflected through her work vividly. You can see all the mythological and anime references in her writing, and it’s just amazing , because I’ve never been into that kind of stuff, or even read that kind of stuff. I’m just inn love with her beautiful stories. She’s amazing.

Secondly, I’m going to talk about my dear friend Zubia’s writing. I feel like we both are really similar when it comes to writing. We both have a struggle to find ideas and concepts to write on, and we both mostly write about our feelings, which I feel like people think is really easy. But honestly it is not that easy. When we write about our feelings especially in a class like this, we’re basically exposing ourselves to all these judgmental thoughts that people have, and we both are scared of that. But regardless, I think we both did a great job this year. We have kind of broken through our shells. Zubia has an amazing voice, and her writings just so realistic and something I find myself relating to. I love her.

Last but not the least, I am going to talk about Tolu’s writing. I am an awe at how beautifully she can put her thoughts in a creative manner. It’s just amazing. Her writings inspire me to write and be creative. She is just so talented, beautiful and great at what she does. Lover her so much.

Me, the Critic of my own work

The first piece that I would be analyzing is Broken love over the phone :

1. What is the TITLE and what is the significance of the TITLE?

So the title of the this piece is ‘Broken love over the phone’, and I chose this title because my piece is about a long distance heartbreak that I had recently been through. Through this piece I just wanted to bring this awareness amongst everyone that long distance relationships are real. A lot of people these days think of ldr’s are serious, but they can be. I was affected by it, hence the title, “Broken love over the phone”.

2. In 17 words summarize what your piece is about in terms of theme and what happens.

So this piece is actually a combination of a poem and an anecdote on my experience of a heartbreak in a long distance relationship.

3. What was your purpose and audience for your piece?

This is a non-fictional piece. I was actually going through this heartbreak at the time when we were given this piece. I’m the kind of person who writes down feelings. So I had this poem ready, and I had a thought of making converting it into a short story, and it all just worked out. My purpose behind this piece was basically to make people realize that ldr is a real thing.

4. What/who influenced the creation of your written product?

The person who broke my heart, obviously.

5. Discuss the craft/style decisions you made, provide examples.

Normally when I write, I write in a poetic form, even short stories. So it was kind of hard for me to create a poem out of a story. But with the help of Mrs. Hunniset’s lessons and the feedback of my peers, I actually did it. I was really surprised at how good it turned out. I mean it wasn’t that good but it was truly a milestone that I felt I had accomplished.

6. Any final thoughts about this piece.

I actually really love this piece. It is close to my heart.

The second piece that I’d be analyzing is I’m Alive :

1. What is the TITLE and what is the significance of the TITLE?

So the title of this piece is “I’m Alive”, and I chose this title because the people I’m talking about in my piece had to go through so much in life, but nonetheless they’re happy because at that certain age being alive is what truly matter.

This piece is about an old man that I had interviewed at an Elderly home. It’s about his journey till the Old age home.

The purpose behind this piece was mainly to give Sarafin (the man I interviewed) something precious back that he could cherish; something of his own that he could maybe stick onto his wall.

Sarafin, and his story.

I actually didn’t really use any specific style or craft. I wrote a poem in a poetic form; just went with the flow.

6. Any final thoughts about this piece.

This piece means a lot to me, because seeing Sarafin and all those other people at the home was really difficult for me. It is definitely not one of my best works. But regardless, I love it, and I really hope Sarafin likes it too.